Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Valuable Lesson

I have been stressed lately. There is plenty going on in my life that is stressful, so one might be tempted to give me permission to just let it be, and to a point I can be gracious to myself, but in this case, I can't. A core thing going on in my home is a lot of selfishness, short-sightedness and self focus..and for more than one person! And I view this, run interference, and get very frustrated! I have been frustrated all week, and I am getting really sick of the crap going on. And so, here is what I have noticed that I am doing. In response to selfishness I see in others, what have I done? Well I would like to give you a godly answer but I can't. I have responded by withholding myself in conversation and compassion---with selfishness. I have seen quite a bit of disrespect going on in the home, and so what have I done? Been a bit disrespectful myself. There are quick tempers and I have simply followed suit. Not productive at all. The very thing I see in others that disgusts me is the VERY thing I use in response to them! WOW---gee great approach Steph! I need to begin to minister in the opposite spirit, and oh man! It is so hard to do! Knee jerk for me is just not the high road unfortunately. Lord, help!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to get you a mega-phone. I feel a "And Steph Goes Off" session coming...and I'd like to be in the audience for that one. ;) Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete