Sunday, November 18, 2012

Need to Write


I have been burning with a need to write...for me there is a purging emotionally that happens when I do.  But to be honest, I have been avoiding it.  I do believe that I want to do it in the context of blogging, but I have SO much to say that I don't know where to begin.  Life has been so terribly, horribly heavy and sad lately.  So many emotions, so many thoughts, so many memories, so many fears....SO MUCH LOSS.  And yet, I see immense beauty in all of this mess of pain--beauty that could not have been beheld if it were not for the tragedies.   Just yesterday, we learned that one of our former Selah House ladies died.  She was a young lady who was doing so well.  I don't yet know what the cause of her death was, but I honestly feel that I cannot deal with more loss, more death, more sadness.  I feel like I could choke on the heaviness in my heart some days.  So bear with me friends.  I have been on a journey and it has not been a fun one.  I need to gather my thoughts and emotions and I need to get it out.  Sadly, I do not know if this journey is over.  My emotions tell me there is a long way to go.  Just feeling very, very sad tonight... I leave you with this song that has ministered to me in this dark place.  Listen to the lyrics.  They are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment