Saturday, March 12, 2011

Could this go any s...l...o....w....e....r?

Ok, I am starting to get on board with my brother on the need for the cancer fast track. Dad has been having an increasingly hard time with the eating and/or vomiting. Now he is vomiting in between "meals" (if you can call them that). PET scan-check. Results? Well? Maybe? IF they are in (which they should be), the doctors are seeming to prefer to give the detailed account on Monday when he has another full day of consultations/preparations for treatment. Come on already! Can we get this show on the road? This is an aggressive cancer, and what if by them waiting even a week, it could spread?! I am getting anxious, I know. And yet, I also know there are no guarantees even if he had already started treatment. I get that, but the waiting game seems a more dangerous game of Russian roulette to me. I am not sure I am able to go with on Monday to his appointments, but I am so sure he better come home with a start date for treatment because this wait just plain SUCKS!

1 comment: