Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Normal Interactions....YAY!

Yep.  I suck at this blogging thing.  Busy?  Yes.  Tired?  Yes.  Scattered?  Sometimes.  But anyway, I do need this place to vent, to puke, to explore.  Mostly vent :/  So here goes.  I live with people who are challenged.  I don't say that to be funny.  It really is true.  Besides from the children--who need constant input, correction and need-meeting.  I have my "big kids" who are just that--big kids.  They are immature and even arrested in many ways.  Most are also mentally ill and/ have other debilitating issues. On the addiction end, when you start using, you are emotionally arrested at that age.  It can be corrected as you get further and further from your addictive substances, but it can be a painfully slow process.  I have seen it go somewhat quickly--it depends on the person.  But I tell you, it also depends on the adults willingness to grow up.  Let's get real.  It is nice to be ignorant, and on the "meet my needs" end.  Growing up and maturing is not easy.  So my point?  Sometimes I realize how this affects me when the bulk of my adult relationships--or at least the concentration of them are with adults who are limited in this way.  I FORGET HOW NORMAL, MATURE people are!!!  I am not kidding.  The other day I was working with some "normal" people on a big project.  One of them was new to the process and she had several questions.  She asked.  I answered and SHE GOT IT!  At one point I had a moment where I asked myself, "Self, why was that so easy?"  Now this may seem dumb to you.  Because this is a normal interaction.  But when I give direction it is usually met with blank stares, I don't want too's, I'm gonna's, I will get to it's, or just overt don't get it's-please explain it to me 3 different ways on 3 different days.  And then there is the stubborn rebellion stuff too.  For me to give direction ONE TIME and for someone to understand it and do it--is absolutely amazing.  No joke.  I need to hang with these adults a little more.  I love my peeps, but...WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment