Friday, July 23, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

Today I was struck by just how grateful I am for my husband. Now before I sound so typical blogger wife and mom, let me just say I am not going to go on and on about just how wonderful my family is and how perfect our little white picket fence life is together! Any of you who know me at all will know that stuff makes me want to vomit! I was actually convicted that for some reason it takes a milestone moment for us to REALLY be aware of how grateful we are for the people in our lives or even our earthly possessions. It sometimes takes a cancer, a death, a birth, a natural disaster, a wedding, an accident, an anniversary etc. for us to ponder or much less express our gratitude for the people and other blessings in our life. Why is that? Is it because we are in such a constant state of "want" or "desire" for better (in ourselves, others and material ways), or more that we need a monument for us to realize just how blessed we are? I could go on and on about the million reasons I have to be full of gratitude today. For now, I am just happy I came to this without need of a monument. I need to pray that I have this attitude of gratitude daily, even if in a state of want or lack. Remind me if I get off track!

No comments:

Post a Comment