Thursday, February 24, 2011

Good news in the cancer department

Well today my dad went for his CT scan and the results are promising! The doctors are saying that the cancer is localized! There are a few lymph nodes that are "questionable" but they are still saying LOCALIZED! This is as good of news as could be expected other than them finding no tumor at all :). There is a sigh of relief coming from all of us along with "Praise the Lord!". Of course it is far from over....they are likely going to start treatment with chemo and radiation with the goal being to shrink the tumor before they look at surgery. Whew! There have been tons of people praying and we are so grateful!
And me...well, I am holding up ok. I am finding my emotions, which can be hard for me with stuff like this. It has been said that my mom is emotionally sterile, and that I am only disinfected. She still is struggling to connect the dots emotionally, so she needs prayer there. I have discovered what a great place the shower is when you need to cry...the tears and snot just wash down the drain. It has also been good for me to get feedback from others about my dad. Lately I have been frustrated with him and tend to color the whole picture black, but just hearing from others how he has impacted them over the years has caused me to remember that he has helped and inspired so many. He's a good guy with a big heart. Now he has a big tumor...thank God that He is bigger! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment