Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gotta dump this once and for all

I have to get this off of my chest, because it is angering me and I gotta dump it. It wasn't until after I got home from the doctor appointment with my dad that I realized what an awkward and inappropriate position the medical staff there put us in. I had to sign in when we first got there so they knew dad had a ride home after his procedure. Okay, fine. Then after his procedure...now mind you I know nothing at this point, a nurse walks out with him to the packed full waiting room and she is holding a clipboard. They approach me she asks if I am dad's RIDE and would I sign the clipboard so they know he is going home with someone. Okay, yep. Now I am waiting for someone to say let's go into such and such a room to discuss the results of the scope right? Um, no...the nurse walks away and I am left in the packed full waiting room with my visibly shaken dad who has to tell me THERE! How incredibly innappropriate. Things of this nature should not be handled this way! I don't care how busy you are or how many people are in the waiting room, when a man and his family are being told that cancer is now their reality, could you slap on an ounce of compassion and tell them in private. So instead, we had to deal with this blow with all kinds of people watching and listening and even throwing in their 2 cents! My word! Agent Orange, I will call him, piped in telling us his experience with his AO related cancer. Are you flippin' serious. Yes sir, I feel for you, but right now all of the blood in my body has flown to my feet and I am not sure I can drive my dad home. WOW! Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment