Friday, May 7, 2010

Give up what???!!!!

So on Wednesday I have an extremely intense time of discussion and prayer with Sarah regarding idolatry and repentance. Ouch! And should I be surprised that on Thursday I am called to give up a thing, item, comfort, coping mechanism.....ok I'll talk straight, AN IDOL?! I went to the doctor with some female issues that I won't give you the gore on here, BUT, his orders??? You won't even believe it? Well. I don't. He says "Give up caffeine, chocolate, and reduce salt." Okay, my first reaction was okay, this is going to be hard. But the more I wrestled with it, I became....are you ready for this?.....ANGRY!!!! I mean ticked off bad! I have a love for coffee. I am a drinker by necessity and a social drinker as well. Coffee is a comfort for me and the caffeine is a major bonus [love]. As I worked with this I noticed the anger, and the idea of loss, and all of the sudden I have had an epiphany. This is a major hit to my flesh, and my flesh is screaming right now, because why? It hurts to trash our idols. It hurts to have our flesh worked over, and God is faithful. He heard my prayers, and He is taking me at my word. Idols take a lot of time to fashion. We put a lot of ourselves and our love into them, and we love them. But God does and will ask us to trash them if we seek after Him. Yikes....now if you excuse me, I am going to enjoy [loathe] my freshly brewed cup of DECAF coffee.

1 comment:

  1. oh...my...word! i have no other response than that. :O

    ReplyDelete